Integrative Medicine | Addiction Medicine
Stephen Markus, MD
Stephen Markus MD is the founder and director of Creekside Medicine for Integrative Medicine and has been in practice since 1985 using conventional and alternative methods of care in primary care, psychiatric and addiction problems.
Education & Training
- Graduated Cum Laude from University of California, San Diego with a Bachelors degree in Chemistry and Biochemistry, 1977.
- Graduate research in Astrophysics and Space sciences at Scripps Institute of Oceanography, 1979.
- Awarded Medical degree from Eastern Virginia Medical School, 1983.
- Residency in Psychiatry from University of Oregon Health Sciences Center, 1984.
- Family Practice Board Certification from The American Association of Physician Specialists, 1994.
- Clinical practice of Addiction Medicine and Suboxone Treatment since 2006.
Other professional Experience
- Primary Care Integrative Medicine/ Psychiatry since 1983.
- Bastyr University Clinical Medicine Faculty 1985-1986.
- Medical Director National Biotek (US Biotek) Labs 1992- present
- Medical Director Royal Life Centers inpatient detox/ residential facility
- Clinical research site for national study on Vivitrol
- The Textbook of Natural Medicine
Journal Activities and Memberships
- Integrative Medicine Task Force at Evergreen Hospital, Kirkland Washington.
- Courtesy Staff at Swedish Hospital